Viestiketju: Nissan pick up 2003
Näytä yksittäinen viesti
Vanha 29.08.2008, 18:01
Rekisteröimätön

Perusasetus

ja korjata

Näin sen saa kestämään:

Right,here goes.

1, remove front sump guard,power steering belt and air con belt.

2, remove rear bolts from front prop shaft, remove 6 bolts from each front half shaft. these will seperate and move out if the way. there are 6 bolts hold the diff frame in place, 4 at front, 2 at rear. support diff unit,remove bolts and withdraw diff and propshaft

3. remove 3 bolts holding power steering pump in place and prize to one side.

4. remove 4 bolts holding air con pump to its bracket and rest pump on chassis rail. this will give you better access to the 2 lower bolts securing bracket to sump. remove these 2 bolts.

5. drain oil and replace drain plug, bont take lower sump off yet or you'll spend the next 3 hours getting dripped on. wipe off oil.

6. un do and remove gear box cross menber by removing 2 rubber mount nuts and 4 member bolts. jack up gear box and giggle about with it. lower gear box on to torsion bar x member. this will give you better acces to top 2 gearbox bolts, which are a complete Barstool.

7. before removing gearbox bolts, unplug and remove crankshaft sensor from gearbox. its on the drivers side at about 2 o,clock on the bellhousing. this will prevent it from getting damaged by the flywheel and costing you £25- trust me i know!!

8. remove gearbox bolts, including starter motor bolts. be carefull- there's one bolt screwed in from the other side, just above the starter motor. the motor can be rested on the chassis rail.

9. i used a rachet strap to pull the gear box back 20mm or so. be carefull not to distort the metal mating ring when pulling apart, of you'll spend an hour trying to get it back on again!!!

10. when the two 10mm bolts are visable, remove lower sump pan, remove 16 bolts securing upper sump pan. remove the rubber tube from the front side of sump. using rubber mallet and screwdriver, prize off sump carefully. note-the dip stick tube pushes in to the sump, it pulls out tretty easily.

11. mate up the geabox again with 2 bolts, this will allow you to turn the crankshaft.

12. have lunch and a cig.

13. using a 19mm socket on the end of the crankshaft, rotate the crank clockwise till no.s 1 and 4 pistons are at bdc. undo one of number 4's conrod bolts. keeping the nut on the last couple of threads and using a pnch, drift the bolt out,remove the nut, and finish drifting the bolt out. replace it with an m8 hut and bolt of the same length, re-tighten slightly. undo the other conrod bolt and drift out like the other. undo the m8 bolt and lower the bottom conrod journal away. push up the conrod and piston enough to remove the bearing shell. i sprayed solvent cleaner to the conrod and big end pin to clean them. wipe with soft clean cloth.

14. compare the new and old bearings to get a feel of what you need to file. using a small file and by resting the new bearing on its edges, file both lugs (tangs) slightly until they fit the conrod recess. spray with solvent cleaner and allow to dry off by eveperation. file the other bearing the same.

15. i fitted the upper bearing by placing it on the clean crank pin and lowering the conrod onto it making sure the lug locates in the recess. you can then lift it back off again and square it up with your 2 thumbs so its flush. fit the outher bearing and flush up. using ear bud, smear the bearings and crank pin with fresh oil .

16. pull the 2 halfs together and hold around the crank pin and drop your 2 new conrod bolts thruogh. smear the threads with the assembly paste and screw on the nuts. tighten in equal amounts to 40 lb.ft. leave a few minutes, then undo. repeat this again, then tighten and leave to 40 lb.ft. again. repeat for the other three conrods.

17. pull gearbox apart again by 20mm or so.

18. scrape off the excess gasket sealent from the mating surfaces. when fitting the new o-ring to the sump, smear a little sealent on the mating surfaces. i added an o-ring over the metal collar to give it more to crush on. (as per chris).smear rest of sump with sealent .

19. refit sump, checking that the o-ring is still in place just before you push it home. hand thighten the bolts, then full tighten working from the middle 2 out to ends.

20.refit gearbox,starter,sensor,x menber,power steering,aircon pump,etc.etc.

21. fill up with oil and new filter, un plug the injector punp. this will allow you to crank the oil pressure up without starting the engine. it will also bring on your engine fault light, but this will go off after a while once your angine starts.

22. refit injector pump plug once your oil light goes out and start vehicle (and pray)

23. i left my nav running on tickover for 1/2hour first before driving. keep revs low for hundred miles or so to runn shells in.

I hope this covers everything. it took 2 of us the whole day, with the use of a car lift and transmission jack.

best of luck.
Vastaa lainaten